This award seeks to recognize an individual:
- Whose innovation(s) has advanced a paradigm shift in tire manufacturing, tire reliability or performance; or created an innovation in rubber in general, as long as it also benefits the tire industry. This could encompass materials, technology, processing and any other aspect of the rubber-tire industry.
- Whose innovation(s) has created a significant impact on the application side of the innovation equation
- Whose innovation has led to a substantive or major change, rather than an incremental one
Nominations for the 2020 Herzlich Award are now closed.
All nominations will be reviewed by the judging committee:
- Jim Popio, Vice President, North America, Smithers Materials Science and Engineering Division
- Bob McNabb, National Sales Manager, Rubber Plants, Zeppelin Systems USA
- John Dick, Technical Editor of Rubber & Plastics News
- Larry Evans, Retired Research Analyst for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Co-Chair of ITEC and ITEC In Focus
- Harold Herzlich, CEO of Herzlich Consulting and Chairman Emeritus of ITEC
The winner will receive:
- The Harold Herzlich Distinguished Technology Achievement Medal
- A $1,500 honorarium
2018 HERZLICH AWARD WINNER
In 2018, the Herzlich Award was presented to Steve Cron, co-inventor of Michelin's Tweel technology, which re-imagined the tire with a built-in wheel made of polyurethane.